Air Date: September 7, 2015
How do you take an act of violence and create a work of art around the subject matter to bring awareness to the public? This is exactly what Marianne Simon has done with her stage performance of Skins I Have Worn.
This performance piece, as told through story, poetry and dance surrounding domestic abuse, Skins I Have Worn is a glimpse of the raw courage and resilience of the women who experience domestic abuse. At times the characters are anchored in reality and, at other times, in poetry and myth. This project explores their journey through the dark lands and how they find their way to forgiveness and freedom.
Marianne Simon is truly a woman who has followed her calling as an artist and an inspiration to others.
Choices 4 Women is Sponsored by
- Positive Energy/Attitude
- Vibrant Health
- Quest for Knowledge
- Personal & Spiritual Growth
- Time & Financial Freedom
- Making a Difference Through Contribution
- Fun & Adventure; Living My Life To The Fullest
- Reciprocity in my relationships; Family, Partner, Friends
- Not Being Attached To The Outcome (Living In The "NOW")